Our ParaFist (or MonkeyFist) is a self-defense tool, so named because it looks like a small fist tied with a paracord. It has a metal ball inside on one end of the paracord making it easy to throw and sling, it’s extremely convenient to carry as a keychain.
So what can you do with our ParaFist?
- A convenient keychain – put your keys on the noose, and then inside your pocket or bag, but leave the knot outside so you can grab the keys more easily.
- A zipper pull – if your favorite bag has a zipper that’s too small, you can conveniently place the noose through the zipper, and then pull on the knot so you can open your bag faster.
- A toy for your pet – you can use this knot whenever you want to give your cat or your dog a new toy to play with, that they can easily roll on the floor.
- Skydiving – if you like this activity, then a monkey fist is exactly what you need to replace the traditional handle for your parachute, since it’s stronger and more durable. You can easily change it as often as you’d like, too.
- Rock climbing – this is an archaic use of the monkey fist, but it’s still good if by chance you remain with no other options: you can use this knot to break into the rock and get new grips for your hands and feet.